Request a free meeting
Praise Him with stringed instruments
- How to read music
- How to practise intelligently and accelerate your progress
- How to play violin with the greatest control and comfort
- Method: Using techniques from Rolland, Galamian and Suzuki’s string pedagogy, I have developed a method which focuses on posture, tone and musical expression from the beginning of training.
- Sightreading: Students learn to read music right from the start.
- Listening: Frequent listening to recordings of the student’s pieces and other classical music is emphasised.
- Heart in the music: Students learn not only to play the music but to express the music with emotion as one would tell a story.
I know that the most joy in my life has come from my violin.
Guiding children in their musical journey is rewarding for everyone. The teacher, parent and child all work together as a team.
In Sam’s studio, parents have an active role in their children’s musical development. Parents take notes in each lesson and guide their children as they practise at home.
Sam provides weekly instructions to make practice simple.
Parents do not need prior experience with music. By participating in lessons and making use of the provided learning resources, parents can confidently help and encourage their children at home.
Thank you so so much for all your help and guidance on my violin journey. You have been such a fun and encouraging teacher. I have had so much fun and seen so much improvement. My favourite part of this journey has been learning all about music theory, especially intervals. The concert last year was also an incredible highlight!
Kendra – 15 year old